1.24.2012

Weekend Recaps & Housewife Lessons

How is it already/only Tuesday? This weekend flew by but this week is CREEPING along. I'll recap with pictures. It was pretty uneventful, but Jack makes everything seems fun (in my opinion)

FRIDAY:


Jack ate cereal (and his feet) then screamed at me for wiping off his face..

SATURDAY:


We went to get John's car looked at in East Lansing. We were there for 2 hours. I drank lots of yucky coffee. Jack & dad watched the basketball game.


 We went out to lunch with Aunt Megan. We rolled around on countertops at the new condo.


Jack went to sleep cuddling blankey. Jack woke up with blankey over his face.

SUNDAY:


We hung out in our jammies all day and cuddled.



The weekend ended too soon (as always) ... and now it's time to get to work. We move in THREE days! I have so much to pack. My mom came down yesterday afternoon and we sort of got started. Mostly she just scolded me on the state of our apartment and gave me lessons on how to clean properly/keep my husband happy/be able to have proof when my husband makes the messes. The woman is a saint.. she took Jack last night (Wahoo night off for BOTH John & I) then deep cleaned my kitchen this morning (while swearing at me the entire time). I don't think our kitchen looked this good when we moved in.. it is sparkling!

Reading stories with Grandma

 We ventured to the new place to let in the cleaners. This was a gong show and a half. John didn't give me the right keys so we ended up having to wait outside while John took off for an early lunch and drove to us. It all ended up fine, but sometimes it seems as though John and I just can't do anything the easy way! 


Bubba being a cute boy waiting for Daddy to bring the keys

We also went to Target to get some moving supplies and out to lunch. Jack was such a trooper the entire time. He napped and smiled. He loves his grandma. We managed to pack up all of our pots and pans, kitchen appliances, and allllllll of Jack's many many clothes that no longer fit. My 5 month old is wearing 9-12 month clothing. Seriously?! I am going to tackle 1-2 areas a day until it is done. Hopefully the whole "divide and conquer" attitude will help me (The Procrastination Queen) along. I loved having my mom here, I did not want her to leave! She is so reassuring and is pretty much the only person in the world who can understand my thinking while pointing me in the right direction at the same time.

Tonight John took a giant load of boxes to the condo, so I decided to make him a delicious meal to be waiting upon his arrival home (I also needed to make something that would get rid of several food items in the fridge!) So I made a homemade pot pie. I found this recipe on my beloved Pinterest. It is easy, yummy, and improvise-able. Tonight I used more chicken, less veggies (it's what I had), Rice milk, and whole wheat flour. It was DELICIOUS. The Hubs was a happy man - who helped himself to seconds and thirds. 




We also discovered that we can no longer take our eyes off of the Bubba for more than 2 seconds. He is a rolling machine and will get himself into and UNDER everything. 


The whole "schedule" thing is going okay. We are definitely getting a more routine dose of solids in every day. I'm really looking forward to being done with moving so we can start settling into "normal" life. Right now I need to stop using blogging as a procrastination tool against finishing one of my grad school essays. Sigh. 

No comments: