10.15.2012

Show & Tell Monday

1. When you were 17, tell us what kind of car you drove, where you worked, and what you were usually up to on the weekends.
I drove a silver Hyundai Santa Fe
I worked as a hostess in a local restaurant

and as for weekends... not gonna lie folks, my friends and I were weird.
Not nerdy weird, just, silly weird. 

I had three best girlfriends and our normal weekends were hanging out in someone's basement with a baked good, magazines, and a movie. We hung out with a big group of guys and one or all of them would usually show up. 

Our idea of fun was going to Wendy's and having spontaneous dance parties in the parking lot or dressing up weird and going to Meijer. Yup, Wild.


2. Show us a picture of you when you were 17 {roughly}.
3. When you were 17, tell us what you wanted to be when you "grew up."
Good question. I think I thought I was going to be some kind of advertising executive guru. 
Or a nurse. But I hate blood so that was a weird idea.

4. When you were 17, tell us the kind of boys that you dated. Did you have a type? Do you have a relationship you remember well? Tell us about it.
Oh boy. At 17 I was still going through a terrible breakup with the boy I had dated since 14. 
He basically strung me along my entire junior year. It was high drama, let.me.tell.you. 
I actually still feel embarrassed when forced to think about that. Blah.
I definitely liked the clean cut all-American boy look. Said boyfriend wore head-to-toe A&F... dreamy (ha)
By senior year I was pretty much ruined for any other boy, it all seems pretty trivial now :) 

5. When you were 17, tell us where you pictured your life 10 years from then. Did it turn out the way you expected it to?
I think I definitely pictured the life I have now. Married with a family. Content. Still having fun. I think I did better than my 17 year old self could have dreamed of. I actually think my 17 year old self was so consumed in being 17 that she didn't even really think about now.. 

And now for a few more 17 year old pictures with a couple of familiar blogger faces :)
 Jen and I. No words. Just... wow. 
 Sarah & I in Austria! 
 I swear, we were friends. (Jen)
 Choir concert entertainment (Sarah)
 Hot.
choir nerds.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Mis En Place said...

LOVE this post! Ohh high school. We really thought we had it all figured out.

I feel like the fact that we were proud of our ability to eat a slice of pizza in one bite may have been a contributing factor to my lack of a boyfriend....

Dara @ Not In Jersey said...

I had a similar guy experience in high school. sorry you went through that too.

Sarah Keck said...

Oh. My.... Those pics are hilarious! Man were we HOT! Crazy to think where we all are now. I don't miss the neurotic exs!!!