2.02.2012

Mama & Daddy Time

Today we played.
Bubba is becoming so expressive I cannot help but smile every time I see him make a new goofy face. 

At the store- All the old ladies love him.. not to brag or anything..
We also grocery shopped. FINALLY. Things are going to be a bit.. umm.. "tight" for the next few weeks. Moving is expensive (ugh) SO I didn't get much in terms of food for the week and spent most of my  grocery budget on ingredients for the much anticipated all girl superbowl party I will be attending at my sister's on Sunday. Boys were invited, but none wanted to come (except John.. who ended up making plans of his own). So somehow it has turned into a foody party with delicious treats! I am making S'More Bars, Reuben Dip, and Mini Chicken Pot Pies. I'm excited to try out some new recipes (NOT diet food) on Saturday! 


Last night John and I got into a bit of an argument.. I'll spare you all the details, but basically it hasn't been as easy as we thought it would be to transition from the crazy to just plain normal life. I think John really thought that once things "slowed down" I would magically turn back into the girl he started dating. The one who planned her day down to the second, and checked things off a list with pleasure! The one that couldn't concentrate if one little thing was out of place. That's not me anymore... I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing or a good thing - it's just different. We have to adjust. All in all we went to bed in love (with a kiss and a snuggle) and we promised to be more understanding, to COMMUNICATE more. It's hard. Marriage is hard. No matter if you are 2 months, 2 years, or 2 decades in.. it's hard. BUT it's worth it. I get to fall asleep and wake up next to my best friend each and every day. There is no greater blessing in the world than that - and so despite the arguments.. we are always going to try and work on being the BEST Mr.&Mrs. we can be..

Tonight Bubba went down for a late nap (He barely napped all day due to RUDE construction happening right outside his bedroom window.. grr) so Mama & Daddy TURNED OFF THEIR PHONES and made dinner together. It was def. a "use what you have" meal. Really unhealthy and yummy. We made homemade tomato sauce (trial and error my friends, trial and error)

We sliced 3 roma tomatoes in half, pulsed them on high in the food processor until they were smooth, added 2T of minced garlic, S&P to taste, & a sprinkle of bay leaves. Pureed. Added a dash of red wine. Pureed. 
John added some Italian Sausage.. it was spicy and delicious
We set the table and got our fatty on. It was really NICE! 

Then we kept the phones off and watched a movie together. Towards the end we had to get Bubba up and feed him some dinner before getting ready for bed. It was nice to be able to give him some kisses after John and I had our QT. I am so lucky. 
Moral of the story: No matter how adorable your children are... they will grow up and leave you. Your husband won't (so you can hope!) So you better pay attention to your relationship ALWAYS and never stop working on being YOU & ME. I need to remind myself of this daily :) 

No comments: