3.14.2012

Successes & Failures of the Last 24 Hours...

Warning: There will be a lot of cute pictures of Bubba in sunglasses.. just so you know/are prepared

Success:
I finally got Jack to calm down long enough for us to get outside last night! We took a walk down to the dam while John was in an appointment. We sat on a bench and watched the ducks and all of the people go by.


I let Jack eat his shoe and we met John for dinner at Bagger Dave's. This restaurant has sentimental value due to the fact that it was John and I's last impromptu date before Jack was born. We had gone to Target to get last minute stuff to pack our bags and then Bagger Dave's for a quick dinner. 5 hours later my water broke. Clearly it was all because of their loaded fries..

Fail:
Jack woke up at 5:30am today. I was having zero of it. I yelled at John because somehow it was his fault (uncertain of my early morning logic). I gave Jack a bottle in bed where I could lazily prop the bottle up on a pillow and still be semi asleep. This did not get him to fall back to sleep so I put him in his crib where he continued to coo and laugh. I was just too tired to get up.. and then he stopped. I went into his room to find him sleeping face down.. this isn't normal. 


He must have found it kind of comfortable because he slept until 9... We call this AMAZING parenting people - I should probably write a book.

Fail:
Getting an e-mail from this mom's group leader that today's meet up was cancelled.

Success:
There's another one tomorrow!

Fail:
It's at a pool and I have to wear a bathing suit...

Fail:
Not getting out the door to run errands until 1:45pm. Also got halfway to the highway before realizing I left the clothes I needed to return at home. (this is a DOUBLE fail)

Success:
Finding the CUTEST swim trunks/swim shirt/flip flops/sunglasses for Bubba
DOUBLE success - immediately putting the sunglasses on Bubba and laughing by myself outside of the Carter's store.


Fail:
The Target dressing room mirror making me look like I am 1298978790879870 million pounds in a bathing suit (yes, I am FULLY blaming the mirrors).

Success:
Bubba making me feel better for being a giant hippo mommy because he is so cute.


HUGE Fail:
Realizing your wallet fell out of your purse in your car AFTER check out dude rings up your cart FULL of stuff and having to run outside to grab your wallet (embarrassment.. so much of it).

Success:
Bubba making your fail look extra cool in his super cool shades.


Success:
John got a big raise today :) GO HUSBAND! (Seriously he's the most amazing ever.. I am going to brag because he got promoted after 9 months and a raise after 3 months of being at his promoted job! Pretty much a rockstar husband!)

Fail:
Going to get our taxes done on the most gorgeous day we've seen in months!

Success:
Finding out we are getting a huge tax return (Seriously, go us in the financial department today!).

Success:
Finishing our March Madness brackets.

Success:
Making dinner at home instead of being lazy and ordering in.

Success:
Modern Family is on in 5 minutes and Bubba is asleep!

Okay.. so the day is ending on a very SUCCESSFUL note. Lets just say that this whole day has been a VAST improvement from yesterday. John and I also decided to take a Mama & Daddy weekend (our first EVER) away. Yup, we are going to Chicago to visit our college friends for the biggest holiday of the year... ST. PATRICK'S DAY!! We will drop Jack off at my parents' house on the way where he will be showered with adoration, love, and affection for the entire weekend.. I am a little nervous about leaving him for an extended period of time for the first time but I am sure I will get hourly picture updates and phone calls. We are slightly terrified for our lives because we were just informed that we are going to a party Saturday that begins at 8:30am.. Dear lord - we need to find our inner college students and prepare our livers for complete and utter shock!

I will leave with you a picture of Bubba from Sunday that is pure gold in my eyes. From his bed head hair to his rockstar "Mom" onesie, this picture is perfection! How am I going to leave this sweet face???


No comments: