6.18.2012

The Weekend of John

We are home! 

Bubba and I had a fantastic 10 day hiatus from real life at my parents 
& were so happy to have John join us for a long weekend on Thursday night.

You may recall that my birthday was the day before Mother's Day.
Well, John's birthday was the SAME DAY as Father's Day this year.
Some may say we get a bum deal because it's all clumped into one - 
but I say having a WHOLE weekend dedicated to you is pretty great :)

John's weekend was spent at the lake. 
Saturday was cloudy and threatened rain & storms,
but we didn't let it stop us from hanging out on the dock, drinks in hand, and lots of friends!

So my husband is recently OBSESSED with golfing.
It's a new hobby for him so we decided to gather all of our lake friends at the closest golf course!
Unfortunately the weather had other things in mind...
We ended up at a local bar for drinks, appies, & Keno while we waited out the rain.

Thank God for teenage lake friends -
about 12 helpful hands piled over to our lake house to watch Bubba!
It was so fun to celebrate without worrying about Jack, we knew he was in good hands!
The golf gods were OBVIOUSLY shining down on us, because the weather cleared.
It was a gorgeous night and we had a blast golfing.
Yours truly even played!

I haven't played since high school, 
but my country club lessons helped me to not embarrass myself too badly :)


After golf we gathered back at the lake house for a late dinner, presents, & homemade carrot cake!
Unfortunately, after a few too many drinks on the course... 
I forgot to take pictures :(

Sunday we celebrated Father's Day! 
We made the dad's our traditional construction paper crowns, 
made a big breakfast - and let them be kings for the day!

This involved them reading & watching golf,
while my mom, sister, Bubba, & I soaked up some sun :) 

Oh yeah... and John made me go tubing with him.
I HATE tubing.
Now we are back to the daily grind.
Sun kissed, sleepy, and resting up until we meet the lake again on the 4th :)

I am so thankful that my husband was born 26 years ago.
He is my best friend, my rock, my whole heart!

He is also the best father to Jack - he is everything I could hope for in a parenting partner and more!
I am so blessed to have him in my life -
THANKS HONEY! I LOVE YOU :)


Photobucket
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

looks like a blast!!
take me with you next time ;)
xox
ellen

MostWhatMatters said...

I think we have those same toys! Haha Love the pictures! You should link up with us for video monday! It would be a great way to add videos to your blog!

Allyson McGuire said...

What a fun weekend!

Jenny said...

That looks like such a great time...I love the turtle! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop…I would love if you would come say hello :)
Modern Modest Beauty

Amanda @ Life, Experience Needed said...

Looks like you guys had a great weekend
New follower from the blog hop
http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca/